Sew May 2022
It’s time to fess up! When it comes to dressmaking, cottons are my comfort zone – and it means that I’m missing out on a whole world of sumptuous jersey knits just itching to be turned into something magical. If you’re a bit like me, I hope this issue inspires you to ‘stretch yourself’ (sorry, I couldn’t resist!) and finally tackle this versatile fabric.
To kick things off, we’ve got a masterclass designed to help you increase your skills over two weeks of sewing, then once you’re feeling more confident, you can tackle our patterns: a no-pattern cowl neck (p18), a basic kids tee (p24), and cuffed trousers that secretly feel like pyjamas! (p22). Your pack also comes with Simplicity 8921, which offers four blouses, and New Look 6680 to test out that new knit know-how.
INSIDE EVERY ISSUE:
- 2 FREE Simplicity patterns
- Exclusive extra garments free PDF patterns available to download
- Top advice from Create & Craft columnist Stuart Hillard, presenter and author Debbie Shore and 2019 GBSB winner Juliet Uzor
- Snuggle-me toys and irresistible gifts for the home
- Expert-led techniques and easy-follow photo guides
- Hot-off-the-press products and the latest stitchy news
- Community pages YOU can get involved in!